Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Deadline: 23 March 2017
Job posting: https://www.sei-international.org/working-for-sei/3635
The overall responsibility of the Research Fellow is to undertake research activities in ongoing projects and also lead the development of new research projects involving gender, environment and development.
- Identify, formulate, develop, lead and implement gender, environment and development research projects that further the aims and objectives of SEI.
- Ensure high quality research process and outputs including peer-reviewed publications and briefings to reach key academic, policy and media audiences.
- Identify funding sources, lead or contribute to fundraising, and seek to secure funding for these projects.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior research staff.
- Provide guidance to junior research staff in research development and implementation, support professional and career development for junior research staff, and contribute to SEI’s staff development program.
- In collaboration with the SEI Communications Team and the Centre Communications Coordinator facilitate and support internal communications and outreach activities including presentations, speeches and media articles.
- Contribute to strengthening the relationship between Asia Centre with the host country (Thai government) and partnership with SEI Asia's host institution (Chulalongkorn University).